Power Line Contractors was established in 1972 with a primary focus on overhead and underground utility construction. Today, with a much greater presence, we continue to provide construction services to major utility and transportation agencies as well as municipal light and electric departments throughout the Northeast, specializing in distribution.
Power Line Contractors underground division is no stranger to utilities. Our accomplished reputation has enabled us to attract and retain some of the most qualified cable splicers in the industry. They have performed splicing and terminating up to 115kV.
Below are just some of their capabilities.
- Underground MV cable installation
- Underground cable splicing and terminating up to 115kV
- Manhole surveying
- Smartgrid monitoring system installations in manholes
- Distribution system construction and maintenance
- PILC splices and terminations (a specialty)
- Abandoned cable removal
- Substation Construction
Power line Contractors overhead division is amongst the most experienced in the region. The majority of our crew are former utility lineman who chose a career with Power Line in pursuit of new and challenging opportunities.
Below is a list of services that our team has provided for our utility clients.
- Overhead distribution system construction and maintenance
- Project management services
- Emergency storm response and assessment
- Composite and wood pole installation
- Pole mounted distribution switch automation including Smartgrid technology
- Overhead transmission system construction and maintenance
- Overhead distribution design/build services
Lineman Training programs include:
- 25kV rubber gloving certificates
- OSHA 1910.269 certificates
- Pole top rescue
- CPR/ First Aid
- Drug testing program
- Confined space certificate
- OSHA 10
Utility Customers include:
- Central Maine Power
- Danvers Municipal Light Department
- Liberty Utilities
- Merrimac Municipal Light Department
- National Grid
- North Attleborough Electric Department
- Norwood Municipal Light Department
- Peabody Municipal Light department
- Reading Municipal Light Department
- Wakefield Municipal Light Department
- Wellesley Municipal Light Plant